Thursday, January 8, 2009

We're ready! (36 weeks)


My last shower was in Grand Rapids over the Christmas holiday. It was hosted by my bridesmaids for my high school and college friends.  It was all gorgeous. The flowers, food, gifts...I do not deserve the amazing friends I have! Thank you to everyone for your generosity! The picture above is of all of the Northview High School girls that could attend (Cam had to leave before this was taken so unfortunately she is not included either). It is so wonderful to have friends who have known me since I was 15 (or earlier!) around me to share this experience. I love it that we've celebrated life's major moments together. Besides marriage, their is nothing bigger! 

I had the week between Christmas and New Year's off of work and it was such a blessing. I recommend any working woman take a week off before baby (if possible) to get organized! Joe and I got the nesting bug in a major way and got so much accomplished! Baby's room is almost done, his car seat is installed and approved by the safety inspectors (yes, we are now driving around with an empty car seat in the backseat - major nerds!), we are stocked up on diapers and changing supplies...now all that is left is packing my bag for the hospital! 

5 comments:

Maureen said...

I know those girls! I'm sure it was a great shower. What kind of car do you have? I did not have my carseat when Ryan was born and Dave had to drive to Babies R Us to buy it. I wish we had been as prepared as you are.

Unknown said...

Awww . . .all the girls . . wish I could have made it!

James Joseph Middleton said...

Hi Maureen! I remember you had to get a car seat! In your defense, Ryan was early, right? We got a Jetta Sportwagon. It is super cute!

Hello also to Erica! We missed you at the shower - you should have been in the NHS group shot. :( You were there in spirit! Lindsey and I were chatting about the great stuff that you send our babies. :)

Pam Beasley said...

This is the first that I've really checked out your blog, I'm so impressed! You seem so organized and ready for the little babe. I rode around with an empty car seat for a few weeks and it was such a weird feeling knowing it would soon be filled! You look super cute, can't wait for his arrival! :)

James Joseph Middleton said...

Great to hear from you Kimmy!Hope the Tude and Baby B are doing well!