Friday, January 30, 2009

Waiting...but much more calm (39 weeks, 6 days)

Thanks to everyone for your nice comments and thoughts, whether here at the blog, via email or text! I am feeling much better after taking the time to adjust my expectations. Last night I got home from work and Joe had prepared me a nice comfy spot on the couch in front of the fire. I got to settle in while he made dinner. Baby M was an absolute riot to watch last night and I am so thankful he is active and healthy. We are still in awe by it. We read him a book last night and this morning I played him my Rockabye Baby Green Day CD (music at belly level) while I got ready for work. Last night I actually slept for two-hour increments throughout the whole night! The previous few nights I had been up every hour on the dot. Honestly, I think the "extra sleep" made me feel so much better. I have now decided I am just going to enjoy these last few days (maybe weeks...gotta be realistic!) with him in my belly. I am very blessed to be experiencing this whole thing in the first place, so I really shouldn't complain!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

Mary - you are doing so well! You have the right to complain all you want...you want to meet your son! I can't wait to hear the good news that he's arrived. Prayers for you. :)

rankinlm said...

Hi Honey - You know... this could be your last weekend ALONE together in a long, long time! (Unless, of course, G & G are with him.) So I think you should take advantage of it and imagine you're back in Mauai, play some Kamakawiwo'ole! That'll get him out of there. No matter. We're proud of him that he knows exactly when it's right. See you soon.

James Joseph Middleton said...

Thanks for your prayers Kristin and mom!

Molly and Jason Bergman said...

Don't feel bad about wanting him out! I remember yelling at my belly the least week saying "get out! get out! just get out!" But remember that you are making a nice home for him in there! You must be doing something right!

rankinlm said...

Mary & baby (whose name I will know tomorrow) - You have the best friends ever!

Unknown said...

Mary,
I'm sitting here at the computer on Tuesday at 12:53 in the afternoon still praying for you and Joe and my new great nephew! We are all so excited! Every time my phone rings or I hear the chirp of a new e-mail I race to see if it's the "big news"! It won't be long now!
We love you all!
Aunt Margaret

rankinlm said...

Hello Sunshine. Hello stars. Hello flowers, trees, birds, and the breeze. Hello smiles and hello, love! Welcome James Joseph Middleton. Feb 3, 2009. 9:54 AM 8# 1 oz. 21.5 in. Great job, Mary Clare! G & G