Thursday, January 29, 2009

The wait goes on (39 weeks, 5 days)

Well, it looks like this baby boy knows how cold and horrible it has been (and will continue to be) in Chicago this winter. He does not want to come out! 

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and it looks like he will certainly make it to his due date, which is Saturday. I will have Monday and Wednesday appointments next week to monitor how he's doing and how I'm doing. Since he'll be overdue, the doctor wants to make sure his vital signs stay strong. Based on how those appointments go she may decide to induce labor at the end of next week. Of course, Joe and I would prefer that he come naturally before then, but we are not in control of this situation! It is so hard to be patient. Please keep us in your prayers!

5 comments:

rankinlm said...

Mary and Joe,
I wanted to let you know that I got my haircut yesterday, in anticipation of the blessed event.
I hope I won't need another haircut before this boy decides to come out!
One thing for sure, it will be worth the wait!
Dad

Katie said...

Mary!!!!

Hang in there, it's sooo worth the wait! I'll be thinking of you and Joe, and wish you all the best!! Jack can't wait for the arrival of his little friend!

xxoo,
Katie

Shelley said...

Mary,
Believe me, I know it's hard. Dean was 5 days overdue and I sat home and cried the whole time. Just remember that the date the docs gave you is just an estimate and he will come in his own time.

Go out on one last date and sleep as much as you can!

You are in our prayers!

Shelley & family

gavitren said...

Oh honey! Our thoughts are with you. My sister was overdue with both of her's, I can imagine how frustrating it is.

P.S. - your dad is so funny, it sounds just like something grandpa would say.

James Joseph Middleton said...

Hi everyone! Thank you for your comments, thoughts and support! It really helps.