Sunday, January 18, 2009

Catching up on posts (38 weeks)

Thirty-eight weeks and still no baby! Not like he should be here already - his due date is a little less than 2 weeks away. I have just had so many friends who've had preemie babies that I expected him to be early too. Now that he is considered "full term" I say, "Come ANY time baby boy!" I sure hope he comes before his due date or on time at least. I am ready!

In the meantime, Joe and I are trying to make the most of these last two weeks. Too bad it has been so horribly cold - we haven't even wanted to leave the house! We've had a leisurely weekend of watching movies, cooking and eating. I am sure after baby gets here we'll remember these low key times wistfully!

Last weekend baby's Grandpa & Grandma Rankin made a trip to Chicago with his crib and stroller. It was a busy day, with the boys setting up the crib (see photo of my dad and Joe below) and all of us rearranging furniture. Since we want friends and family to be able to continue to stay with us, his room will be half nursery, half guest room until he gets a little bigger and needs room to play. Plus, we plan on having him sleep in our room in a bassinet for the first few months. Even though it is a dual purpose nursery it actually looks really great in there!

On Friday January 9th my co-workers surprised me and another pregnant co-worker, Krista (due 5 weeks after me), with a surprise baby shower! I have never been thrown a surprise party before and let me tell you...I was shocked. They decorated one of the conference rooms and set up an ice cream sundae bar with TONS of topping options. It was so perfect! We played a celeb baby game and also set up a pool on when our babies will be born. I think most of them think he will arrive the first week of February. I'll post pictures when I get them!

While I'm posting I also wanted to include some pictures from the holidays. It was sure a great one!


Grandpa Rankin and "Pappa Joe" setting up the crib...


Uncle John, Mary & Joe on Christmas morning...

Grandma Rankin dishing up her famous Christmas morning egg dish (Baby M will surely enjoy this next Christmas!)

Mom and Dad can't wait until there are three of us in pictures like this!

Look at all of the great gifts Baby's Middleton cousins got him for Christmas...and he wasn't even here to open them!

7 comments:

rankinlm said...

Love the photos! Thank you so much for sharing. You have never looked better and we can't wait for the "call". See you real soon. Grammy

Kristin said...

I LOOOOVE the crib bedding!! I hope the next couple weeks go smoothly and that you're comfortable. I can't wait for you to meet your little boy!

James Joseph Middleton said...

Hi mom and Kristin! Glad to see you are still reading! Thank you for all of the nice compliments! Have a great day. MCM

Becky said...

Mary, what an adorable pic. It shows off those infamous Sean Middleton ears!!:) I wish I could have seen everyone at the Christmas party. Just letting you know that Kurt and I will be thinking of you and Joe in the next couple weeks. Can't wait for that email introducing the new addition (with pics, I hope.)Oh and love the blog, the link is in my favorites. Becky

Katie said...

Thinking of you, Mary. I hope you had a special day yesterday. I will look forward to hearing about the safe arrival of your baby boy!
~Katie

James Joseph Middleton said...

Hi Becky! So good to hear from you! We missed you at Christmas. What a bummer to be sick for the holidays! We also heard you had to work Christmas day. Boo. Next year will be better I'm sure.

And, hello Katie! Happy birthday to you too! I still remember celebrating our 16th birthday together with the sledding party at your house. It was the best! I need to check out your blog again to see how the family is adjusting to your newest. Have a great day!

beckyrae@charter.net said...

hey mary and joe, just thinking about you guys. hope all is well. can't wait to hear when baby makes gets here! be sure to let us know:)