Monday, October 27, 2008

26 weeks and counting!


As you can see, he is growing (and therefore I am growing too)! I am going to start measuring and tracking my belly growth. This may spoil the toilet paper shower game, but right now I am 39.5 inches around. We'll see what next week brings!

I can hardly believe that this week he is 14 inches long. Well, maybe I can. Last week I felt him move in two totally separate locations at the same time (a first - before it was always one focused kick). I think his arms were punching my upper left side and his legs were kicking my lower right abdomen in one swift stretch of sorts. He must've been lying on an angle in there. He has had some really active days lately and they are just the BEST! Friday night I was too distracted watching my belly move to focus on the movie we were watching. Sometimes it even makes me laugh because he is just so wild in there! I want to know what he's up to!

Joe and I are reading to him a lot. Joe is a big Dr. Seuss fan so we've started those and I am reading him Curious George stories from a book Cameron & Casey Braybrook bought for us. I'm also reading aloud articles from Real Simple and other books and magazines - he doesn't really know the difference, right? I can't wait until he is here and we can read more fun books together. I have seen some really cute ones about city life that I can't wait to get my hands on.

I got the invite to my first baby shower, which will be hosted by Paula Nowakowski and the "group", last week! It was so exciting to get it in the mail and it is adorable! We're trying to finish up registering this week. It is quite overwhelming. Decor for his room is especially hard. I just want it to be perfect!

1 comment:

Favorite Aunt Peggy said...

Yes, my great-nephew does know the difference in the books that you read to him. He can tell by the inflection in your voices.
A must do: great-Aunt Peggy is the favorite....great-Aunt Peggy is the favorite. Do this daily!!!
Love your blog! Take Care.

Love,
Favorite Aunt Peggy