Monday, November 3, 2008

Loving our active boy

This week our babycenter.com e-newsletter said that he is finally opening his eyes! I find that exciting because I remember way back when we were just reading about his eyelids forming and they mentioned he wouldn't be opening them for a very long time. That long time is here!

According to the experts, he also has regular waking and sleeping schedules. These days though, I am not sure when he is actually sleeping besides at night when I am sleeping. He seems to be moving almost constantly. Some days he is much more active than others. I asked my doctor about it and she said it depends on my activities. Walking and movement lull him to sleep, which is why he seems to be less active on the weekends. The times I feel him the most are when I'm at work...probably because I'm sitting still while he's awake. While she thinks it's unnecessary for me to count his kicks, she says a great way to test that he's ok (if I'm worried) is to drink an OJ or coke and then lay down. All of that sugar going right to him will wake him right up! I start most days with an OJ so I guess I am riling him up from the start. :)

I went shopping at lunch today and couldn't resist buying him a little hat for this winter...and also this great coat for next fall! It was over 50% off and it should be just the right size for next year. I keep staring at it and thinking of how cute he is going to look!

Joe and I measured my belly again this week and this time it was only 37.5 inches around. I certainly did not shrink, so it must be that we switched from using a tape measure to ribbon. We'll see if we get different results next week!

2 comments:

Brandon, Emmy, and Girls said...

Hi Mary, I saw a link to your blog from Molly's. Congrats, it's an amazing time anticipating the arrival of a little one. You look great, hope you are feeling well, take care.
Emmy (Cook) Glass
michiganglassfamily.blogspot.com

James Joseph Middleton said...

Hi Emmy! So good to hear from you! Can't wait to check out your blog too! Keep in touch!