Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas! (34 weeks)



I thought I'd post another profile picture so you could see how my belly has grown! I am not even measuring anymore. Let's just say it is big. A lovely stranger looked at me at the grocery store today and said, "Big Boy!" He went on to tell me that Baby was doing lots of moving in there and he noticed all the way from the next checkout aisle. I guess I don't even notice it anymore because he is so active! Crazy.

I also just had to post a plain old picture of our gorgeous Christmas tree. I think it is one of the best we've done, which is funny, because the night we got it it was so cold that we didn't even untie the netting to see what it might look like. I grabbed the biggest one I could find - it's 9'5"! As Joe says, "Every tree needs a home," so we were going to give a home to whatever tree we ended up with. We lucked out!

About an hour after I took this picture (Sunday night) I got REALLY sore in my groin - pretty much everywhere from below my belly button to my upper thighs. As the night progressed I could barely roll over, get out of bed or even walk the 15 feet to the bathroom without support. I was nervous so I called the doctor in the morning. They had me come in (thanks to my boss, Bob, and co-worker Kerri for helping me out of the car and into the hospital!) because I guess they were concerned the baby might be on his way. He is not, but he has certainly settled himself deeper into position, and one that involves A LOT of pressure on my nerves, muscles and ligaments. It feels like I pulled a muscle, only it's all muscles in the area and I can't pin point one spot in particular. The doctor said their is not much I can do about it. I am feeling a little better today but can only shuffle or "walk" by moving my hips side to side. No raising and lowering of the legs! I'm a little nervous how this will pan out since walking is our main form of transportation in the city and I have 5.5 weeks left. My mom said this happened to her with my brother and a nurse at the doctor had it happen to her too. Well, I sure hope he is comfy in there!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

2 comments:

beckyrae@charter.net said...

oh mary you look great! sounds like he dropped for you, it won't be long now! can't wait to see him.

James Joseph Middleton said...

Hi Becky! Thank you! Glad you are checking our blog! We are still following yours. My mom and I love the video of Owen walking all around the living room. Talk about a man on a mission! ;)