Thursday, December 11, 2008

Baby Update - 33 weeks

I had a doctor's appointment this morning and just have to post because I am such a proud mommy. Baby has moved into the correct position! Although it seems early, the doctor's seemed to be very interested in whether or not he would get situated correctly. At our last visit he was "transverse", or pretty much horizontal across my belly. Now he is head down and feet up! Yippee! The doctor said it is rare that he will switch positions now, so I am very relieved.

While the doctor was ultrasounding me I had him check for his "male organ". Grandma Middleton continues to have dreams that Baby is a girl and Grandma Rankin thinks it looks like I am carrying a girl! Well, the doctor confirmed it is a boy once again so I hope after four confirmations it is accurate.

The other great news is that he said that at 34 weeks they would not stop labor, so if I were to go into labor now they'd just let me have him! That is so exciting. I don't think he's coming any time soon but it is good to know they think he'd be strong enough. I am grinning ear to ear from all the good news!

4 comments:

Maureen said...

That is wonderful news! I have had 5 ultrasounds and an amnio, and am still having a boy! :) So I understand the "just in case" ultrasound.

Molly and Jason Bergman said...

I am so happy for you guys! It is so good to hear all of the good news!

James Joseph Middleton said...

Thanks friends!

rankinlm said...

Sounds like everything is perfect and on schedule. Thank you for taking such good care of our grandson. He will be loved, and sang to, and loved, and loved some more. Grammy