Monday, November 17, 2008

Third Trimester!

First off...Happy Birthday to "Uncle" John Rankin!

We made it! I can hardly even believe I am over 70% through. The second trimester went by so fast and was so wonderful. Finding out the sex, experiencing his first kicks, finally starting to "show". I felt better during my second trimester than I did before I was pregnant! I know that the third trimester will bring on new feelings and challenges for my body, but so far so good!

What can I tell you about Baby Middleton? He is still very active, but his movements are more rolls, squirms and light jabs and kicks. My belly shape is constantly changing depending on where he's going or decided to cuddle up. I can feel him creep up close to my rib cage and then turn all around a while later. I am not sure, but I think he responds to music and talking. He'll be moving like crazy and then we'll stop to watch him or feel him move and, of course, he'll stop too. I feel really fortunate that Joe can see and feel him move a lot of the time. Of course, he thinks it's kind of "creepy", but it is so cool that he gets to share in the experience now.

Books and Web sites have him anywhere from 15-17" this week. Wow! He is around 2.5 lbs. Personally, I think he might be a little bigger, but I've never been through this before and probably just think that because I'm not used to anything even near that size being inside of me. I found this great Web site, Future Babies, that shows 3D ultrasounds of babies all throughout pregnancy. Check out the 29 week babies! It helps me to envision him as a real baby like this and not the sketch drawings in most books. I bet he is so cute in there and is already getting little chubby cheeks!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

So...is he really going to be "Joe Jr." or do you have names picked out? OR, is the name a secret? :)

James Joseph Middleton said...

He is most likely not going to be Joe Jr. - but I've told Joe that if he wants a namesake now is the time! I would be fine with it. We have another name in mind but it is a secret! :)

beckyrae@charter.net said...

oh mary you look so good! i am so excited for our little boys to meet, i am tearing up! hope we get to see you over thanksgiving! take care, and keep the updates coming!

James Joseph Middleton said...

Hi Becky! Thanks! We are loving your blog and all of the updates on Owen too. Hope to see you this weekend!