Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sweet Baby James

I look just like my daddy right now!

Playing Wii with dad

When I'm asleep I look like an angel

A relaxing Sunday on the couch with mom

I look goofy in my sleep sack, but at least I'm safe!

Things have been going great as we adjust to life at home as a family of three! James is a very good baby. Most of his days are spent sleeping, but when he is awake he is already so much fun! We have fun playing with him and watching him learn. He follows voices very well, loves to "mimic" facial expressions (the best he can), is starting to focus on objects (like the mobile above his changing area) and even seems to want to "talk" when we get him really going. We think he is very smart (yes, we are proud parents!). The only time he is really fussy is right when we want to go to sleep. This usually lasts just a couple of hours though, and after that he sleeps in two periods of 3-4 hours. (I have to remind myself of this because it really can be quite frustrating) This is great because it means mom and dad can usually get 5-6 hours for the night! Not the 8-9 we got before he was here but we'll certainly take it.

His 4 day doctor's appointment last Saturday went great. He was down 7 oz. when we left the hospital Thursday but had already gained 8 oz. back in 2 days! He is still eating like a champ and is already getting chubby cheeks.

What else can I say about James besides the fact that he is a very sweet baby boy...Sweet Baby James certainly suits him! :)

5 comments:

rankinlm said...

Has he been looking for his Grammy? I miss him so much. It's so good to have the technology to see him and talk to him every day. Grampa Mike is cute and fun, but he can't compare my Sweet Baby James.

Maureen said...

He is so cute! He sounds like such a good baby. Congrats again.

James Joseph Middleton said...

Yes, of course he misses his grammy! It was another sleepless night last night. He wasn't really crying, but certainly didn't want to sleep either. It is almost noon and I am putting my pj's back ON so I can get some sleep!

Maureen...you are so close now! It could be any day! I am excited to hear about the birth of baby boy Duncan!

Shelley said...

MC - I cannot get over how absolutely GORGEOUS he is. I'm glad he is doing good and 5-6 hours a night is amazing! You are very blessed and I cannot wait to meet him in person. PS: Thom is in Chicago for the next two weeks :)

James Joseph Middleton said...

Hi Shelley! Of course, Troy is just as handsome! :) Tell Thom to give us a ring if he wants!