Friday, February 6, 2009

Hanging out and coming home

Hanging with mom...
Daddy and mommy love you James!

Enjoying the Chicago sunset.

Cozy in the car seat.

Going home!


Here are a few more shots from the hospital stay. Prentice Women's Hospital at Northwestern took very good care of us. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We are so appreciative of the time there to get acclimated to parenthood! I WILL say that I was quite surprised at just how tired and overwhelmed we were the first few days. I really thought that after he was born I'd be right up on my feet and the hospital stay would be one big party. I didn't realize that I would actually need to recover and that pretty much every minute would be filled with a check-up on James or me, instructions on something, a test on something, a diaper change or a feeding. We had no downtime to even read the many magazines we brought! I need some pictures of James visiting with his Rankin and Middleton grandparents. It was fantastic having them there! I will post when I get some.

One of the pictures is of James in the car seat getting ready to take his first car ride home! He was a champ and totally loved it - he slept the whole 10 minute ride home. We finally got home from the hospital last night (Thursday) around 9 pm. We were very excited to be home, but also very exhausted. At first, James didn't adjust too well to his new surroundings. It was a rough couple of hours! But by the middle of the night everyone had settled down and we were all able to sleep for 4-5 hours. Today was a great day, although it was again spent figuring out how best to do everything now that we're at home. We're getting the hang of it though and he is sleeping long enough to let me update this post and eat a nice dinner (thanks to Jen and Dave for cooking lasagna for us!)!






3 comments:

rankinlm said...

Wonderful to see the pixs and posts. You are the best parents. Sorry to say that I took pictures of everyone else but there are no pictures of Grammy Rankin with JJM. Love the car seat photos. Hope there are many more in the future of him on his way to GR.

Shelley said...

I can't get over what a PRETTY baby he is! I am glad to hear you are home and you have friends taking care of you down there. You know we would be sending dinners your way if you were up here...so just pretend like I made you some broccoli cheese soup ;)

James Joseph Middleton said...

It is 2:30 am and we are waiting for James to fall asleep (he is relaxed but not sleeping). Finally had a chance to check this.

Bummer about the photos Grandma R! I think I remember saying we should take a pic but we all thought there would be a better time..we know how that goes!

Shelley, I love your comments. Thank you for writing! I am sure your broc cheese soup is amazing. Boy, I could use some right about now!